Tuesday, June 3, 2008

An Afternoon Hike

Sunday the girls and I went for walkies at the Palo Alto Baylands. Dogs must be on leash, though, so only posed pics.Have I mentioned how I loath portraits? OK, ok, so I don't really loath them. I loath the fact that I suck at them. Let's face it, I do. It also doesn't help when your subjects are much more interested in the surroundings. That would be flying birds for Bella and bird poop for Kate. *sigh* The Night Herons don't care much for the camera, either.But the Snowy Egrets are big ol' hams! And a mystery. Any thoughts on what this may be? The tips you see are about 3 feet apart. It was slow moving. Hung around the same area for a while. Seemed to be feeding. I'm thinking perhaps it's Bat Ray? Hmm. (Note to self: no swimming in the Bay)

No comments:

Post a Comment