Saturday, January 26, 2013

Finally!

Something other than Robins on the fruit!
 
Waxwings!
 
Yay!
 
600_1069
 
They really are a stunning bird, yes?
 
600_1051
 
Of course, I had my macro lens on as I thought I would bug hunt whilst dog walking. I had to hide the dogs behind a dumpster so I could sneak up on the birds.
 
Apparently this is offensive.
 
600_1092
 
To both of them
 
600_1086
 
My good down-staying dogs
 
600_1075
 
Kept entertained by grass eating and passer-by-er’s. Toddlers smell interesting.
 
600_1077
 
Six in the bush!
 
600_1064
 
I guess I need to try again tomorrow now that I know they are there.

8 comments:

  1. Macro lenses make so much fun! Lovely dog snap shots

    ReplyDelete
  2. those pictures are wonderful. Beautiful waxwings
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awh, what cute faces your dogs make, ha-ha! Love their expressions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omigoodness! What beautiful birds! And dogs. Of course. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great day you have guys, Great photography and your place is really beautiful and very relaxing!
    I'm so excited to see your next adventure! Love! love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am just simply amazed by the pictures that you have here. You're really such a good photographer! Well done with these pics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow for the waxwings - so jealous - love your work and your beautiful dogs!
    dia (friend of dog rescuer TT/Humming Home/Willow)

    ReplyDelete