Monday, January 19, 2015

Socal

Over the holidays I met my mom down in Socal for a little adventure. I’m still not done picture sorting. 

 We were down there right before the big “snow” event, so at least driving was good. No fog in the central valley, no snow through the Grapevine. The weather was perfect for the dogs, too. Their kind of road trip weather. 

We started at the Salton Sea. 

Salton Sea 

Quite a magical place, really. Had I known it was going to be so cool I would have planned more time there. Birds galore. 

A threesome 

And Bella thought it was fantastic that they had dog treats EVERYWHERE 

DSC_7930

I guess Tilapia in southern California prefer sunbathing to swimming? 

After that was Joshua Tree National Park. Another place that was way too cool for a day trip. That would be a great place to spend a few days. They variety of landscape in the park is pretty remarkable. 

DSC_7998 

DSC_7995 

DSC_7965 

Although, national parks are not the bestest place for dogs since they are really not allowed. In camp grounds and within 100 feet of the road. I understand most people’s dogs are assholes, but really? 

Booooo. 

Bella though Joshua Tree was only good for naps. 

Bored Bell 

The rest of the time we spent on the ocean side. No LA, but close enough. They have quite a lot of lovely parks. 

DSC_8260 

And lots of stuff for Kate to sit on.

  Kate and some Coots 

And posing rocks.

  DSC_8258 

For cormorants, too. 

Pelagic post breakfast 

I really like Socal. I can’t really put my finger on why. The overabundance of palm trees? Holy cow, they love those palm trees down there! Maybe it’s the lack of Silicon Valley D-bags? They better weather? Maybe it’s just because it’s different and I’m in need to a scenery change? Dunno. 

They do have really accommodating birds, though. 

DSC_8054 

Even the escapees willingly pose. 

DSC_8129 

Everybody’s looking for deal. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment