Monday, November 10, 2014

Frisbee catchers

I used to get weird breed guesses for my dogs a lot. People *swore* Bella had to have German Shorthair in her because of the ticking. Some agility folk loved to argue with me about Bella being pure bred Border Collie. No amount of explaining could change their minds. I have even been told that Kate is a pit bull. 

For whatever reason, this doesn’t happen much anymore. On our walk yesterday, though, a guy who was biking with his gf stopped to ask me if they were Jack Russells. I was so not expecting that. I said, “is who a Jack Russell?” He pointed at the girls. “Them.” “Oh, no, you’re about 20 pounds off. They are Border Collie mixes.” 

“Right, those are the ones that catch Frisbees.” 

“Sure.” 

I guess when discussing my dogs, that does about explain it. 


Though, I expect that the folk that need a working dog, the keepers of the usefulness, may be a little disheartened by that. 

But the sheep, they are soo big. 

DSCF2422

Would rather watch ducks. 

DSCF2436

And, I rarely take notice of this, but when I do it’s like I can’t stop seeing it… Kate has the biggest sticky outy thumbs ever. Like Even Cowgirls Get The Blues thumbs. 

Should have names her Sissy.

  DSCF2439

1 comment:

  1. Mixes are sort of irresistible that way, I guess. My favorite "say what?" moment with Allie was crossing paths with a woman on a hike whose greeting was "Great Dane and what else?". Should have repeated what that guy at the track said: "you can tell she's an Akita by the curly tail".

    ReplyDelete