Monday, May 7, 2012

It's All About Balance

90% of the time Bella is the “normal” dog. I may have mentioned that Kate is, well, a bit of a weirdo. She may not be a great sport dog or trick dog. May not exactly shine where thinking is involved. Where she does shine, though, is anywhere a completely non-reactive dog would.

You would be hard pressed to find a better hiking partner. Since she lives in a little bubble around her head, she completely ignores other people and dogs. She loves to follow a path and therefore stays on the trail. No wandering around in tick infested grass like some brown dogs are prone to doing. She waits when you ask her to and otherwise just trucks along at a reasonable pace. Her weirdness also makes her a great travelling partner. No barking in hotel rooms. Could care less if kids are running down the hall or housekeeper are pushing there little carts around.

Basically, where Bella fails, Kate is the Honor Student.

This also goes for the living room.

Bella does not like delivery people. She loves people in general. Certainly not aggressive. She just gets stressed when people she doesn’t know come to the house. She is fine with diesel trucks away from the house. But at home it means…OMG SOMEONE IS COMING TO THE DOOR! Because she doesn’t get to greet them she never gets to close that loop, as it were. With other people the loop is: get excited, oh, it’s just a person, chill out. Delivery people never make it past the get excited part.

This is Bella’s UPS face:
DSC_3255

This is Kate’s UPS face:
DSC_3247

It’s kind of hard to see, but her left eye is at about half mast.

Kate wins.

It is pretty easy to snap Bella out of The Sky Is Falling mode. You only need to say “sq.”  Don’t even need to get the whole “squirrel” word out. Just the front bit.

Hey, Bella…..Sq!
DSC_3262

It works for Kate, too, even though she doesn’t need it. DSC_3235

I don't usually complain about stuff that's free and I am not normally a bandwagon person, but I am jumping on this Blogger one...

THE NEW INTERFACE FRICKIN' BLOWS!!!

Change it back!

9 comments:

  1. OMG I love the UPS faces! Love them. Totally made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post. Bella is still my favorite dog on the internet that I don't know;)

    Nova is my Kate, I can take her anywhere. I like the little bubble around her head reference, it fits Nova quite well too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hooked on your brown eyes, you look pawsome on your post. Your human friend is good in taking this pictures.


    Dog Shock Collar | Puppy & Human Bond

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous photos
    soooo true, I hate this new interface! arrr!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where do I find one of these bubble things? I could use 3 or 4 of them at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Where do I find one of these bubble things?"

    Well, I don't think your dogs are quite small enough, but I picture Kate's bubble as being similar to those clear plastic balls that people put hamsters in to let them run around. Maybe find one for guinea pigs? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Each dog has their own personality, that's cool.

    Great pics.

    Lots of licks,
    Swisher and Oakley

    ReplyDelete
  8. UPS faces! Fantastic. What two beautiful dogs you have!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful images, thanks for sharing, have a dog like this myself.

    ReplyDelete